|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
The information in this article comes from a game, demo, or other media that has been released in Japan, but not in any predominantly English-speaking country. The subject of this article has not been officially revealed for English versions of this media. English versions of this content are only available through unofficial translations. More information on this can be found here.
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
|We need more pieces to finish this puzzle.|
|This article is under construction. While it is not short, it still needs expansion as outlined in the manual of style. The article most likely needs expansion near the end of the tagged section or sections.|
Kuro is a large black dog that acts not only a guide dog to the blind assassin Ryōken Hōinbō, but also as a weapon during his assassinations.
- Main article: IS-7 Incident
- Main article: The Imprisoned Turnabout
Kuro is just as intimidating and dangerous as his owner Hōinbō, to whom he is fiercely loyal. One individual to whom Kuro seems particularly antagonistic towards is Miles Edgeworth, most likely due to the latter sending Hōinbō to prison; just about the only thing the prosecutor and the assassin's dog have in common is a shared icy glare. On the other hand, Kuro appears to be rather fond of Sōta Sarushiro, likely due to Hōinbō's friendly relationship with his "acolyte" and from the time Kuro saved Sarushiro's life, but also perhaps because of the strong empathy with animals that Sarushiro demonstrates.
- "Kuro" is Japanese for "black".
- Kuro's English name in the fan translation of Gyakuten Kenji 2 is "Anubis", which comes from the name of the jackal-headed ancient Egyptian god associated with mummification and the afterlife.
- Assuming that the Kuro who helped rescue Sōta Sarushiro and Manosuke Naitō during the IS-7 Incident was the same dog encountered by Miles Edgeworth, this would make him at least 18 years old. Such longevity is exceptionally rare in dogs, particularly larger breeds, but not entirely unheard of.