|"Your brother became a star." Regina believed in that so purely, that she would laugh innocently when saying it... Too innocently... I just couldn't stand it... No matter how hard I tried.|
Sean Dingling and his older brother Ken were abandoned by their parents when they were children. Russell Berry, the ringmaster of the Berry Big Circus, took them in and later employed them as acrobats. Ken and Sean became known as "Acro" and "Bat," respectively.
Bat developed a crush on the ringmaster's daughter, Regina Berry, and they would constantly play pranks on each other.
One day, Bat made a bet with Regina that if he successfully stuck his head into a lion's mouth, Regina would go on a date with him. Unfortunately, earlier that day, Regina had covered Bat's scarf with pepper to make him sneeze. Bat didn't sneeze, but when he stuck his head into the lion's mouth, the lion sneezed and bit Bat, critically wounding him. His older brother, Acro, tried to wrestle the lion off Bat, but was injured and became paralyzed in the process.
Bat remained in a coma, and Acro was confined to a wheelchair. Regina, being too naive to understand what really happened to Bat, quickly got over him and moved on. Angered at this, Acro devised a plan to kill her six months later, which resulted in her father's death instead. The resulting trial of one of the circus performers led to Acro's implication as the killer.
After Acro's conviction, Regina finally realized the seriousness of Bat's accident and vowed to stay by his bedside until he woke up.
- "Kinoshita" likely comes from the "Kinoshita Dai Circus", a famous Japanese circus.
- Acro and Bat, the two brothers' English stage names, combine to form "acrobat".
- His English surname "Dingling" is likely a combination of the "Ringling Bros Circus" and "dangling", a reference to his job as an acrobat.
- His French surname "Loche" is likely a play on "cloche", meaning "bell" in French. This may be a reference to the English surname "Dingling".
- Bat only appears in the court record and in-game dialogue, making him one of only two living named characters to date to have a court record profile but not make an appearance in person, with Bruto Cadaverini being the other example of this.
|Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice For All characters|
|Acro · Adrian Andrews · Bat · Regina Berry · Russell Berry · Maggey Byrde · Juan Corrida · Shelly de Killer · Miles Edgeworth · Matt Engarde · Maya Fey · Mia Fey · Morgan Fey · Pearl Fey · Max Galactica · Turner Grey · Dick Gumshoe · Lotta Hart · Hotti · Celeste Inpax · Judge · Léon · Ini Miney · Mimi Miney · Moe · Money · Wendy Oldbag · Winston Payne · Will Powers · Dustin Prince · Regent · Shoe · Franziska von Karma · Richard Wellington · Benjamin Woodman · Phoenix Wright|