|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
The information in this article comes from a game, demo, or other media that has been released in Japan, but not in any predominantly English-speaking country. The subject of this article has not been officially revealed for English versions of this media. English versions of this content are only available through unofficial translations. More information on this can be found here.
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
- This article is about the game. You may be looking for the character Ryūnosuke Naruhodō.
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo (大逆転裁判２ -成歩堂龍ノ介の覺悟-; lit. "Great Turnabout Trial 2: The Resolve of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō") is a prequel game for the Ace Attorney series of text adventure video games. It is the eleventh installment overall in the series, and the sequel to Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken. Like its predecessor, it is published by Capcom, produced by Motohide Eshiro, and directed by Shu Takumi, with Kazuya Nuri heading art and Yasumasa Kitagawa composing the soundtrack. The game was announced at Tokyo Game Show 2016 on September 17.
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 takes place shortly after the first game, near the the end of Japan's Meiji period. Although Susato Mikotoba returned to Japan in the first game, she ends up meeting Ryūnosuke Naruhodō again. It is implied in the announcement trailer that Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 would tie up all the loose ends and lingering questions introduced in the previous game.
Five full-length episodes are available in the game. Additionally, like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, there are two short non-canonical "what-if" scenarios available to those who pre-ordered the game.
- The Adventure of the Blossoming Attorney: Two months after Susato Mikotoba's return to Japan following the events of The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story, one of her friends is put on trial for a murder that occurred at a beach house. She takes the defense's bench disguised as "Ryūtarō Naruhodō" (成歩堂 龍太郎).
- The Memoirs of the Clouded Kokoro (吾輩と霧の夜の回想; lit. "The Memoir of the Foggy Night and I"): The day after his trial for the attempted murder of Viridian Green, Sōseki Natsume is accused of murder once again when a fellow lodger is fatally poisoned. Sherlock Holmes takes interest in the case due to Natsume's insistence that the apartment is cursed. Ryūnosuke Naruhodō takes the case to court against Prosecutor Barok van Zieks.
- The Return of the Great Departed Soul: During the London's World Fair, German scientist Benjamin Dobinbough is arrested when his experiment, a teleporter, ends up exploding, killing the man inside. Hart Vortex has Naruhodō to investigate. Meanwhile, during a visit to recently erected waxworks museum, a figure made by a famous sculptor is stolen.
- Twisted Karma and His Last Bow
- The Resolve of Naruhodō Ryūnosuke
Ace Attorney Theater
- Kazuma Asōgi is the main playable character in a scenario involving Ryūnosuke Naruhodō. Asōgi is preparing to study abroad and faces off against Taketsuchi Auchi.
- Sherlock Holmes is the main playable character in a scenario involving Barok van Zieks. Iris is arrested so Holmes acts as her defense attorney with Ryūnosuke as his assistant.
- Ryūnosuke Naruhodō (成歩堂 龍ノ介)
- Susato Mikotoba (御琴羽 寿沙都)
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa
- A judicial assistant who returned to Japan after the events of the first game.
- Sherlock Holmes (シャーロック・ホームズ)
- Iris Watson (アイリス・ワトソン)
- Voiced by: Misaki Kuno
- Holmes's assistant. A genius inventor and doctor who has invented rudimentary forensic instruments for use in Holmes's investigations. In this continuity, she is the author of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Takumi's familiarity with Arthur Conan Doyle's original Sherlock Holmes stories, and their various theories and parodies in particular, led him to create the Iris Watson character.
- Barok van Zieks (バロック・バンジークス)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda
- Age: 32
- A "cursed" English prosecutor known colloquially as the "Death God of the Old Bailey".
Other main story characters
- Sōseki Natsume (夏目漱石) - A defendant from The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro. He is a witness in episode 1 and the defendant of episode 2.
- Tobias Gregson (トバイアス・グレグソン) - A Scotland Yard detective, and the detective in charge of several of Naruhodō's cases.
- The Masked Disciple - A mysterious compatriot of Barok van Zieks. Was once attacked with him by a mysterious group.
- Jezail Brett (ジェゼール・ブレット) - The victim. She was due to be extradited to Shanghai for a crime she committed nine months prior.
- Haori Murasame - The defendant of episode 1, accused of murdering an English woman in a beach house.
- Satoru Hosonaga (細長悟) - A witness from The Adventure of the Great Departure who witnessed the murder.
- Yūjin Mikotoba (御琴羽 悠仁) - Susato's father and a legal professor. He serves as her assistant during the case.
- Taketsuchi Auchi - Prosecutor and ancestor of Winston Payne and Gaspen Payne.
- Heita Mamemomi - A reporter accompanying Sōseki Natsume who's constantly taking pictures and writing on a notepad.
- William Petenshy - The victim.
- Decago Mieterman - A witness known for arguing with the victim. Natsume served tea to the two of them during one such argument, and allegedly poisoned the victim. He is spotted trying to peer into the apartment where the incident occurred.
- Viridian Green - The victim of The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro, having awakened from her coma. She is an art student at Thorndyke University with a gloomy personality.
- Ms. Altamont (アル夕モン卜) - Juror 4 of the trial.
- Gina Lestrade (ジーナ・レストレード) - Defendant of The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story. Former pickpocket, now works under Gregson as a detective-in-training.
- Benjamin Dobinbough - Defendant of episode 3, a scientist accused of murdering his volunteer.
- Hart Vortex (ハート・ヴォルテックス) - The Chief Justice in England. Strict about time.
- Gotts - A young Bohemian boy present at the crime scene.
- Elyder Meningen - Victim of episode 3. Volunteer and investor of Dobinbough's experiment and collaborator of his research. There's some black rumor about him.
- Courtney Sithe - The recently made head coroner of Scotland Yard.
- Maria Goulloyne - Daughter of Sithe. Works with her mother at the forefront of forensic science.
- Connette Rozaic - A famous wax sculptor, member of the Rozaic family, and curator of the wax museum.
People who pre-order the game will receive two non-canonical scenarios similar to the Asinine Attorney / Ace Attorney Theater scenarios in Spirit of Justice. Alternate costumes for Ryūnosuke Naruhodō, Susato Mikotoba, and Sherlock Holmes will be downloadable, and will be free until August 31, 2017.
There will also be a set of DLC costumes, for Naruhodō, Mikotoba, and Holmes. Naruhodō's and Mikotoba's have Western-inspired costumes designed by Watson, and Holmes has a self-designed Eastern-inspired costume.
- ↑ "Twitter / takumi_gt: ともあれ。おなじみの“巨匠”ヌリくん、“名匠”キタガワさんをはじめチーム一同、今回も最後まで全力でクオリティを追求する所存でございます。 ぼく自身も、クラシックミステリーへの限りないリスペクトと新しい挑戦をムネに、最後までがんばります。". Twitter. 2016-09-17. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bolt Storm. "New DGS2 information from Famitsu and 4Gamer" Court Records Forums. Retrieved on 2017-06-02.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Bolt Storm. "DGS2 in Famitsu 5/23: Case 2 details, new art". Court Records Forums. Retrieved on 2017-05-24.
- Announcement teaser trailer
- Nintendo Direct (April 13, 2017)
- April 2017 trailer