|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
The information in this article comes from a game, demo, or other media that has been released in Japan, but not in any predominantly English-speaking country. The subject of this article has been officially revealed for English versions of this media. English versions of this content are only available through unofficial translations. More information on this can be found here.
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
|Decargo Mieterman||Image Gallery||Sprite Gallery|
|"...I accept! All in the name of Altamont!!"|
Decargo Mieterman was a mysterious man in yellow who was seen having an argument with William Petenshy outside of Sōseki Natsume's residence during Ryūnosuke Naruhodō's investigation into Viridian Green's attempted murder.
Decargo Mieterman is an employee of the Altamont Gas Company. His job is to go around East End of London every few days to collect the coins within the gas meters people use for gas, it's a new meter the company installed. But one day, he noticed the gas meter of one William Petenshy didn't contain a single coin despite the little amount of gas inside.
A mysterious argument Edit
- Main article: The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro
During Naruhodō's investigation of Viridian Green's attempted murder, he encountered Decargo Mieterman having an argument with William Petenshy outside of the Garrideb's building regarding his gas thefts. Petenshy denies this and says he's old and that his name Horatio, much to his anger. However, he left when Naruhodō told him he was an attorney but vowed to meet Petenshy again.
After the trial of Green's stabbing, Mieterman looked through Petenshy's semi-bricked window to see if he really is stealing gas. Even though the room was dark, he saw Petenshy and Sōseki Natsume dressed as Romeo and Juliet respectively and having a Jujutsu battle after having tea.
A mysterious witness Edit
- Main article: The Memoirs of the Clouded Kokoro
During the investigation of Petenshy's poison, Naruhodō and Susato Mikotoba found Decargo Mieterman still peeking into the flat, but he quickly runs away when he sees the two. He reappears as witness summoned by Barok van Zieks to prove Petenshy didn't try to commit suicide. He is constantly bowing in the trial, which is later revealed to be because Juror No. 4 is the wife of his gas company's president, Valve Altamont. When she came down to the stand to testify with Mieterman, their cross-examination revealed that Petenshy was making fake coins out of tea and poked a hole in the coin compartment to let the melted liquid out. This eventually helped Naruhodō figure out that the poison wasn't in Natsume's tea, but in the gas pipe which Petenshy blew into when he tried to scare Sōseki Natsume. It was actually put by Viridian Green in revenge for him killing her fiancé.
Decargo Mieterman is mostly straightforward but has a tendency to get very irritated. He is highly devoted and loyal to the Altamont Gas Company, he bows to his president's wife and gets into arguments when Petenshy insulted the gas. Mieterman wore bright yellow clothes and had an unusually large chin, which looked out of place comparatively.
- The names of Mieterman and William Petenshy were not given during Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken. However, the title of "Mysterious Man B" was given to Mieterman in the game's artbook, while Petenshy was referred to as "Mysterious Man A". He is named in Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Kakugo.
- "Decargo" is a portmanteau of dekai, “big” (でかい) and ago, “chin” (顎). “Mieter” most likely comes from “meter”, a reference to his job. It could also come from "Mitta man", which could mean either "man who saw it" or "saw it all".
- Mieterman's clothes, head and tendency to point down diagonally, seems to make him resemble a Bumblebee. Regarding Mrs. Altamont's appearance, this would make him the worker bee to her queen bee.