|Um, so, like... A murder is that thing where, like, one person kills another, right?|
|(I didn't think it was possible for someone to be this much of an airhead...)|
Ini Miney was a college student who was studying parapsychology. She was involved in a fatal car crash in 2016.
Car crash[edit | edit source]
Ini Miney had a sister, Mimi Miney, who was involved in a malpractice incident at the Grey Surgical Clinic that took place on May 2, 2016. On the 24th of the same month, Mimi crashed her car into a road barrier with Ini in the front passenger's seat. Ini died and Mimi's face was burned beyond recognition. Mimi decided to claim to be Ini so that her face would be reconstructed as such and she would be able to restart her life in the guise of her sister.
Thus, the Ini Miney who appeared as a witness in Maya Fey's second murder trial was really Mimi Miney. This means that nothing is known about the real Ini other than her appearance, although Mimi's mannerisms may be based on her deceased sister since Mimi's real personality was revealed when confronted.
Personality[edit | edit source]
All that is known about Ini's personality comes from her sister's impersonation of her. According to Mimi's impersonation, Ini was something of an airhead, having very poor short-term memory and little to no understanding of what was going on around her. Her speech was punctuated by an overuse of the words "like" and "totally", and she would occasionally stop in the middle of a sentence, having forgotten what she was talking about. She was a devout fan of the occult and apparently studied parapsychology at college before her death. This tended to irritate Mimi, who was both skeptical and had a strong dislike of the occult.
Name[edit | edit source]
- Her Japanese name, "Nodoka Hanaka" (葉中のどか), means "nose or throat", as in a nose and throat doctor.
- Both her own and her sister's English names come from the children's counting rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe".
- Her French name comes from "inespéré", meaning "unexpected" or "un-hoped for".
- Her name in the Brazilian fan translation is "Sara Memingue" a name that sounds similar to "Uni duni tê salamê minguê" which is the Brazilian equivalent of "eeny, meeny, miny, moe"
Development[edit | edit source]
- The symbol on her sweater is a stylised om - a syllable that is regarded as sacred and mystical in Hinduism and Buddhism, and is used in prayer and meditation.
- Ini Miney is the first of three characters whose age was listed in the Court Record as older than the date of their death so as to avoid spoiling the fact that somebody else was impersonating them at the time. She shares this distinction with Di-Jun Huang and Bobby Fulbright.
- Notably, of these three characters, hers was the only impersonator whose name was actually revealed.
- Ini Miney has the shortest known lifespan of any character in the series, dying around the age of 20.