Old Rootie is an elderly woman in Labyrinthia who gives out rumors, but only according to whichever root vegetable she pulls from the basket on her back. The pumpkin, a sign of confidence, shows Old Rootie the promise for whomever it is drawn for, allowing the observer to witness her unbridled power of information and fortune-telling. The Cursed Radish, on the other hand, is a foreboding and worrying sign for those unsuspecting of its appearance. This vegetable's unholy omens mean nothing but bad luck and darkness in the observer's past. "Old Rootie" is her actual name.
- Old Rootie's model contains animations and mesh data for an unused golden radish. Using external programs to activate the animation shows that it works perfectly but does not transition properly. The Golden Radish was planned to be the sign of nothing but pure prosperity for the observer. The customer would feel blessed for the fortune-teller's kindness if this vegetable is drawn. Old Rootie would see nothing but happiness and riches in the observer's future.
- Old Rootie's official art shows various other vegetables, such as leeks, which are not present in the in-game iteration of the character.
- Although she does not appear much within the game, all of her predictions prove to be 100% accurate.
- Her English name is a reference to her age and the root vegetables she carries on her back.
- Her Japanese name "Daikōnu" is a play on "Daikon", as in Daikon radish.
- Her French name "Mamie Radis" literally means "Grandma Radish".
- Her Spanish name "Doña Ventura" literally means "Mrs. Fortune", referencing her fortune telling.
- Her German name "Tante Tratsch" literally means "Aunt Gossip", referencing her rumors and fortune telling.