||Image Gallery||Sprite Gallery|
|We need more pieces to finish this puzzle.|
|This article is under construction. While it is not short, it still needs expansion as outlined in the manual of style. The article most likely needs expansion near the end of the tagged section or sections.|
Taka is a hawk that is the animal companion of prosecutor Simon Blackquill, and often perches on his shoulder. Blackquill uses Taka in court to harass his opponents and witnesses. Taka is also used to relay information involving the cases Blackquill is involved in, carrying it in his beak.
- Main article: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
During the trial of Jinxie Tenma for the murder of Rex Kyubi, Taka harassed Apollo Justice to prevent him from using his bracelet, which Blackquill considered "cheating"; the prosecutor would eventually see its utility and allow its use during Athena Cykes's trial for the murder of Clay Terran.
Return of the hawk
- Main article: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Taka is shown to have considerable intelligence and a very close bond with Blackquill; often performing commands without having to be asked. His intelligence was also enough to buy and bring manjū to court during Bucky Whet's trial for the murder of Taifu Toneido.
- Japanese - Gin (ギン):
- May be a play on kīn (キーン), an interjection in Japanese that is onomatopoeia for a piercing ringing noise, possibly in reference to the cry of a hawk. With different kanji (ぎん), "gin" is Japanese for the metal silver.
- English - Taka:
- As Japanese falconry, known as Takagari (鷹狩), was a symbol of nobility and warrior spirit for samurai, having a pet hawk is yet another samurai-like quality of Simon Blackquill.
- Although his species is not stated in-game, Taka appears to be a species of hawk in the genus Accipiter, due to the distinctive thick black and white barring on the tail, the tail length, facial markings, and full breast streaking. Due to the games' original setting being Japan, he is potentially either a Eurasian sparrowhawk (Accipiter nisus) or a juvenile Japanese sparrowhawk (Accipiter gularis).
- Hsu, Janet (2013-10-01). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies Localization: TRIVIA TIME! Capcom News. Retrieved on 2022-06-01).