Keep the trivia this timeEdit
I made a lot of mistakes in the message I put in the box thing, I meant to put "No, Capefeather, this is the second time someones added this, the first being me. No ones saying it's a rip off, we're just note-ing it. It's worth note-ing because it's interesting trivia." I don't know why you don't like this trivia, but as said no ones saying it's Naruto's ripping of Ace Attorney or that Ace Attorney is ripping off Naruto, we're just note-ing that they bare a strong resemblance. Anyway, I want a valid reason as too why this trivia keeps getting removed, otherwise I'll keep on adding it back until it stays. ~~Takoto 23:02, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- Unlike the Achtung Baby/U2 example, it's not a blatant similarity, and it doesn't contribute at all to the description of Adrian Andrews. I just feel that even if it isn't implying that one is a ripoff of the other, it encourages such a view. Going beyond that, it's a very subjective matter, which may validate other "similarity" judgments and people nitpicking on details to counter it. I just don't want something like this to happen. "This thing is similar to this other thing from another franchise" contributes nothing factual to the article and, if anything, encourages negativity. Nevertheless, I'm leaving it alone for now. capefeather 01:19, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, thanks for leaving it, but there's a lot of other Wiki's and Wikia's that do trivia like this, and anyway the trivia of a character is surposed to be interesting things about the character, things people might not notice or skip over or might not be aware off, whether negative or good. ~~Takoto 08:18, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Ino reference Edit
I'm in favour of removing the Naruto reference to be honest, simply because they don't bear enough of a resemblance. Ino's hair is in a ponytail, Andrew's is not. The fringe is in a completely different style. Andrews has glasses, Ino doesn't. Ino wears purple, Andrews wears blue. Ino's clothes are a sort of two piece affair, Andrews is one piece. Eyes are completely different and as for personality wise...
So, yeah, too vague. Strabo412 09:28, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Indeed, other wikis do have Notes/Trivia sections, but the point remains that it has to have some kind of notability and it should be based on fact and not someone's interpretation of it, because matters like resemblance are very subjective and anything can "look like" something. You may notice that in some wikis trivia is discouraged altogether, whereas in others they make it clear that there should be sufficient reason to believe one is derived from the other. capefeather 13:45, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
are... you guys serious or just stupid? andews looks EXACTLY LIKE ino from naruto... i propose re-addinf this trivia, i was really surprise when i came on her page and saw it wasn't on there....
- I refer you to my earlier comment on this page. Not enough of a resemblance. No need to be insulting. It's really totally uncalled for. If you want to make your case do so in a civilised manner please. I personally can't see enough of a resemblance between this and this. What next? this and this? ^_^ Oh, another difference I noticed was that in some flashbacks you can see that Andrews's usual outfit consists of trousers below what is seen in her sprite. If the defence would like to make their case? Strabo412 16:52, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
are you... just not adding it because you don't like naruto or something? i don't evern like naruto and i think it should be on there. their hair is exactly the same flipped, the style of their shirts is... so very similar, and the colour as well, dark blue and dark purple. are you just being butthurt because you don't like narut ^.^ ohoh oh how immature. just because people think ino and andrews looks similar doesn't mean we think pheoniz and sasuke look the same, we're not retarded. no wonder people i know hate this wiki, you're all a bunch of bias twelve year olds
- Please sign your posts with ~~~~. There is no reason whatsoever for the so-called resemblance to be noted. The claim that they even bear a resemblance at all is subjective and questionable. Personally, I think that the hair colour, eye colour and dress are the only remotely similar aspects (and of course Ino wears more than one set of clothing, and Adrian herself wears two). But then if eye colour and hair colour are all it takes to call a resemblance then I don't know what to say. But all that's beside the point. Did you even read all of our arguments on this matter? Notability has to be established, rather than just "this thing is similar to this other thing from another franchise". If the people you know have a problem with this wiki, they are free to complain in a constructive manner. Insults are not going to get you anywhere. Nonetheless, I think that Wikipedia's standards are a good guideline even for fan wikis (though yes, some aspects should be relaxed). capefeather 17:59, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
- Hey now. Naruto is awesome! Shikamaru Nara is one of the greatest fictional characters ever created in my opinion. I just don't feel that it's a reference. I don't think Naruto is referencing Ace Attorney or vice versa. By the way, the Phoenix/Sasuke thing was a joke, hence the little happy face I stuck in there. You know which anime character Andrews does look a little like though? Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist. Or is that just me? *Shrugs* I think we can all agree that arguing about resemblances between various fictional characters is really rather pointless when you think about it... Strabo412 19:16, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
- I noticed that too. Her hair looks EXACTLY like Hawkeye's hair. Frankly, the only this I see that actually resembles Ino from Naruto is the top of Andrews's shirt. It has the same style of collar and chest, but it continues to go over her belly... and it's blue. In my opinion, if we were to make a statement in her profile about her looking like a certain fictional character is should be Hawkeye instead of Ino.
- And about the reference to Andrews's hair looking like Ino's, just flipped... Ino's hair has a straight, almost slick, bang over her right eye, and wears her hair in a high ponytail. Andrews's bang is spikey and over the left side of her face. She also keeps her hair down. If you were to put a picture of Andrews next to Ino, the difference would be obvious. Now if you were to put a picture of Andrews next to Hawkeye... well, wouldn't it be obvious who Andrews looks more like? Hawkeye, of course. However, may I ask the point in all of this?
Since this has been expand-tagged, what are we planning to do to expand this article? I suppose some parts could be beefed up, and/or there could be a development section. How much info is there about Adrian's development, anyway? capefeather 19:34, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, there isn't much on the page about her appearance in The Stolen Turnabout and there's no general personality section. Strabo412 19:39, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Originally, I had figured that a personality section wouldn't be appropriate considering the stark changes she would display between 2-4 and 3-2, and that mentions of her personality in appropriate places in her bio would be good enough. Nonetheless, now that I look at the Notes section, I suppose that they could be fused into a personality section. capefeather 23:02, January 23, 2010 (UTC)