Fulbright's True PersonalityEdit
Should it not be assumed that the real Bobby Fulbright's personality is identical to the Phantom's portrayal? The idea behind the Phantom was that he had been impersonating people for so long that he had essentially lost his own identity and personality. While impersonating other characters at the end of Case 5, the Phantom acted true to their personalities. Not to mention, if the real Fulbright was already a detective with an established presence in the police force, for the Phantom to impersonate Fulbright would require him to emulate Fulbright's personality. MajorasMask9 (talk) 20:23, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
Since the one with Psyche-locks was actually Phantom and not the real Fulbright, shouldn't we remove this article from the "Characters with Psyche-locks" category, then add Phantom's? This Wiki also did the same with Mimi/Ini Miney (with Mimi being the one with Psyche-locks and not the real Ini). 126.96.36.199 06:48, May 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Fair enough, although I don't remember "Characters with Psyche-locks" ever being on Ini's page... - Strabo412 (talk) 10:08, May 5, 2014 (UTC)
- That's my point. Since Ini's page never had "Characters with Psyche-locks" (but it's on Mimi's page as it's supposed to be), it doesn't make any sense when the real Fulbright's page has it while Phantom's doesn't. Just my personal opinion of course. 188.8.131.52 10:20, May 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh I see. Sorry, I thought you meant that someone had put "Characters with Psyche-Locks" in both Ini and Miney's pages. Anyway, that's it removed from Fulbright's and added to the phantom's page. Took the opportunity to removed "witnesses" (for the same reason as Psyche-Locks) and victims (since it's left ambiguous as to whether he was murdered or not) from Fulbright's page as well. - Strabo412 (talk) 10:37, May 5, 2014 (UTC)
Non-spoiler article Edit
Looking at the state of this article, and the one dedicated to the phantom, I can't help but notice that there's a glaring lack of content on both of these articles, which would be necessary to accurately describe the character and his involvement - meaning, the information about The Monstrous Turnabout, Turnabout Reclaimed and Turnabout Academy.
Do you think we could manage to write an article about Bobby Fulbright as we see him in these three cases (as well as the The Cosmic Turnabout) and link to the current articles from there? That way, we would cover all the events before the big reveal, being able to talk about "Fulbright"'s actions and emotions more easily.
- I'm not sure I understand what this is trying to accomplish. If there's another article about "Fulbright", wouldn't that just tip people off that there's something off about him? For some people, that's all it takes... Otherwise, this situation seems comparable to Ini/Mimi to me, save for the fact that "Fulbright" appears in multiple cases. capefeather (talk) 21:31, July 27, 2014 (UTC)
The problem is, as it is now, the only information about "Fulbright's" involvement in first three cases (chronologically) is literally just this:
|Six years after Metis' murder, police detective Bobby Fulbright died under mysterious circumstances. The phantom began masquerading as him in an attempt to destroy all evidence pertaining to his identity.|
True, we could fill in the missing info on phantom's article, but I honestly think it would be a little bit awkward, since while we saw his actions as portrayed in the game, for him it was just a one big act. Any time we would mention him feeling, realizing or seeking something, we would have to use the word "pretend" or its synonyms.
Shouldn't Fulbright's age technically be listed as 32? He died one year before Dual Destinies even began, so 33 would be the age the Phantom would be posing as him with, but it wouldn't be his real age since he's dead.
- The same thing was brought up before on Ini Miney's talk page. I don't fully understand the reasoning myself, but I think it has something to do with the fact that the wiki only lists ages that are shown or explicitly mentioned in-game. Since Fulbright's age is listed as 33 when we meet "him" in DD, that's the age we list on the wiki.
- On a related note, why is Fulbright's birth year listed as 1993? If we're to assume that 33 is how old he would have been in 2027, shouldn't it be 1994? I mean, Florent L'Belle and Solomon Starbuck had the same court record age as Fulbright in the same game, and they have 1994 as their birth year. Bluebully (talk) 17:20, July 15, 2016 (UTC)
Irrelevant Information Edit
Hey everyone, Edgeypoo25 keeps constantly trying to add some irrelevant information to Fulbright's page. It's about some character in Metal Gear Solid who shares "similarities" with Fulbright. Does the info they're trying to add belong or not? What do you think?
- I think, as you said before, that similarities to other characters should not be added unless it reference the similitude. 184.108.40.206 19:58, August 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Well Edgeypoo25 isn't accepting what I'm telling them about why the info shouldn't be on the wiki. Can anyone explain it better?Johnandsoon (talk) 23:49, August 11, 2016 (UTC)
- LMAO I did after capefeather told me. No need to fuss, dudeEdgeypoo25 (talk) 19:44, August 12, 2016 (UTC)
Why make the Phantom?Edit
- The real Bobby Fulbright and the Phantom are not considered the same character. As far as we know, the real Bobby Fulbright did not kill anyone, and had been dead a year before the events of Dual Destinies. The Phantom, even though his real name and identity is a mystery, is a completely separate character from the real Bobby Fulbright. To put this into better perspective, it's the reason why the real Ini Miney is not considered a villain, while Mimi Miney (Ini's impersonator) is. DarkShadowFox256 (talk) 00:38, November 5, 2016 (UTC)