- 1 Armie sprites
- 2 Dali
- 3 Complete Fan Theory
- 4 Jackpot!
- 5 Jury Sprites
- 6 Mood Matrix images
- 7 New to wiki
- 8 Evidence infobox template
- 9 False suspects
- 10 Adminship
- 11 Missing Maya T&T Sprite
- 12 Damage checklist
- 13 New Redirect
- 14 "The awl truth"
- 15 Evidence infobox
- 16 Ace Attorney Investigations - French Fan Translation
- 17 Re:Russian fan translation
- 18 Brazilian Portuguese fan translation
- 19 Quality for the image used for Sniper's profile
- 20 Chief Justice
- 21 Professor Layton's height
- 22 Lauren Paups voice actor
- 23 pat and rola edits.
Why is there a link to Yutaka Kazami on there? And also, I tried to copy what other pages had done, but I couldn't figure out how. Sorry, I just don't get some of these things. Johnandsoon (talk) 22:41, February 19, 2017 (UTC)
- You can copy things from other pages by clicking "edit" on that page, selecting what you want to copy, copying it, pasting it onto the page you want it on, then editing it. For example, the reason why Yutaka Kazami was linked there was because I copied it over from his page before editing it, but missed that bit. Thanks for pointing it out! :) - Strabo412 (talk) 22:55, February 19, 2017 (UTC)
- I'll have to take a look if that situation happens again. Anyway, thanks to you too! Johnandsoon (talk) 23:00, February 19, 2017 (UTC)
- Her name comes up when you examine the circus entrance:
Maya Fey Nick... The entrance is right here. Phoenix Wright Maya. The circus is closed today. No clowns. No elephants. No shows. Maya Fey I know that! Nick... You can get your picture taken with Dali the elephant! Phoenix Wright There's no Dali. Not today. Maya Fey I know that too! Oh well... I'll just have to take a picture with whoever I stumble across...
- -Strabo412 (talk) 11:51, March 13, 2017 (UTC)
- Alright, thanks for telling me! You're like a super editor on this site. Johnandsoon (talk) 02:53, March 14, 2017 (UTC)
Complete Fan Theory
You undid my edit that Constance Courte was a judge. Well, I had this theory for a long time that's possible but at no way can be proven. In the KG-8 Incident trial, the judge and defense were her and Aristotle Means! If that was true it would make the trial of Mack Rell even more similar to the first incident. Ms. Courte and "Calisto Yew" both are females with shoulder length hair and green clothes, while Professor Means and the Judge are both big men with grey beards, the only diffence is the females with shoulder length hair and green clothes and the big men with grey beards swap places as the defense and judge. What do you think?Whitehorse24 (talk) 23:55, June 11, 2017 (UTC)Whitehorse24
- My main problem with categorising Courte as a judge is that she is never stated to have been a judge, just that she taught the course. The way Means describes their courtroom relationship also doesn't really fit a defense attorney and a judge, but is instead more like two attorneys ("I may be a professor, but I am still licensed to practice law. In fact, I have even battled Prof. Courte in... well... in court! [...] She was an esteemed colleague at the academy and in court. You see, both Prof. Courte and I graduated from this academy at the top of our class."). - Strabo412 (talk) 09:26, June 12, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not sure how much of that is useful, really... Unfortunately, most of those images seem to have been taken with a camera, rather than scanned, so the quality isn't great (e.g., obscuring light reflection effects). I'm also not doing any DGS editing myself at the moment, as I don't have any experience with the game. - Strabo412 (talk) 22:44, July 30, 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm not doing any DGS editing myself at the moment, as I don't have any experience with the game. = Strabo412 (talk) 08:09, August 21, 2017 (UTC)
Mood Matrix images
- Probably not. I think it might be an idea to rename "In-game screenshots" to "In-game images" and then subcategorise it into "Cutscene images" and "Mood Matrix images". Or something like that. - Strabo412 (talk) 15:22, November 18, 2017 (UTC)
New to wiki
I'm new to this wiki and I have a question... Is there a way to delete/remove a ip address from the recent changes log?
- I'm not really sure what you're asking? Do you mean that you made an edit as an anonymous user before making your account and want to remove the IP address used from recent changes? If so, I'm not sure how you would go about doing that. Perhaps the FANDOM staff could help you out? They can be contacted about general support issues from this link. Sorry I can't be any more help than that! - Strabo412 (talk) 15:22, November 18, 2017 (UTC)
- You're welcome! :) - Strabo412 (talk) 11:15, November 23, 2017 (UTC)
Evidence infobox template
Are you still interested in creating a template for evidence pages, as we discussed back in December? Let me know if you are, as I'm planning on working on evidence pages at the moment. I know you're probably busy with other things, but I thought I'd at least ask. Bluebully (talk) 10:36, November 24, 2017 (UTC)
- I definitely think it’s still worthwhile working on. I haven’t been able to edit as much as I used to due to real-life stuff (including my computer being a butt). However, I did start modifying your evidence template (link) a while back. I think it could still do with some work though, especially since I’m terrible at templates. Anyway, let me know what you think and we’ll try to sort something out template-wise before the end of the year! - Strabo412 (talk) 14:17, November 24, 2017 (UTC)
- Looks great to me! In my opinion, you should feel free to start implementing it. - Strabo412 (talk) 14:26, November 30, 2017 (UTC)
If Datz belongs in the "False suspects" category, shouldn't Adrian be in there too? After all, their situations are pretty much the same. Or should Datz also be removed? Bluebully (talk) 09:46, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, I don't think he should be in that category either. - Strabo412 (talk) 23:39, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
I apologize for bringing this up out of the blue, but as our wiki seems to be growing at a steady pace as of late and you seem to be getting back into editing regularly, would you consider becoming an admin here? No disrespect meant toward Capefeather, he's a great editor, but he's not always the most active user on here, and there's no denying that you'd be the man for the job if we chose a second admin. Even the Cave Story wiki, which has 200ish-pages and only sees about one edit a week, has two admins.
Obviously, though, this is the kind of thing you should only consider if you want to do it, so no pressure from me. Anyhow, I'll be leaving today for a place that (might) have no internet connection. Back around the 4th or 5th, so you can expect a reply by then. I'm counting on you to look after the wiki in the meantime! *thumbs up* Bluebully (talk) 09:20, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
- It's something I'd be willing to do, but it's not really up to me. Aren't new admins typically made via a community vote? - Strabo412 (talk) 00:24, December 28, 2017 (UTC)
Missing Maya T&T Sprite
In Bridge to the Turnabout, there is a unique Maya sprite. you can see it in the linked video at about 17:03.
- That appears to be the first frame of this sprite animation, so it's not really unique as such... - Strabo412 (talk) 11:16, January 8, 2018 (UTC)
- No worries. :) - Strabo412 (talk) 13:40, January 8, 2018 (UTC)
The damage page is incomplete. Let's fix it!
Dick Gumshoe: His AAI shocked animation belongs in the Recurring section, as he appears in both AAI and GK2. He also has the same animation with his beige coat in Turnabout Reminiscence: That doesn't seem to appear in GK2, so should just go in the section for AAI.
Colias Palaeno, while lacking a used shocked sprite, does have an unused (and unfinished) sprite with his hands in front of him defensively. I believe this belongs somewhere on the page.
Maya Fey's 3D shocked animation is in "Recurring", despite it only appearing in one SoJ. Athena Cykes' Defense Shocked sprite appears to have the same issue (if her own sprite gallery is to be believed).
Yanni Yogi has an unused animation where he momentarily drops the "Uncle" facade. That sprite is currently on the "Breakdown" page, but I think it belongs on Damage due to it's short length and lack of absurdity.
I'm adopting this page as my own, but I don't know how to do image stuff. You're my only hope.
- I'm leaving the Breakdown and Damage pages alone until I've got caught up on DGS2, but if you think improvements need to be made, feel free. What sort of "image stuff" do you need help with? - Strabo412 (talk) 17:22, January 16, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know how to move, add, or remove images. Perhaps you can educate me?
- KarpToEndAllKarps (talk) 20:01, January 16, 2018 (UTC)
- I can't speak for the VisualEditor mode, since I've never used it, but images are pretty easy to edit with the Source Editor. In that mode, you can easily put in a new image by using this: [[File:[filename here]|[how you want the image to be displayed here, typically thumb]|[image justification here, i.e., right or left]|[image description here].]] (for example: [[File:Generic Newspaper Clipping.png|thumb|right|The newspaper clipping.]]). If you're wanting advice on putting images into the Damage page, perhaps you could just copy what the Breakdown page has done already? In any case, maybe this page would be helpful for you, particularly if you'd prefer to use the VisualEditor mode? - Strabo412 (talk) 12:53, January 17, 2018 (UTC)
So, I tried to look up how to make redirects, but the only instructions I found were outdated...
Whatever, the page for Wataru Shirase (a minor character in GK2) needs a new redirect. All other characters in GK2 have redirects for their name in the unofficial translation patch, but Wataru doesn't. His name in the patch is Rip Lacer.
Can you do your magic and add the redirect? Thanks!
- Done. For future reference, you can create a redirect page like this: #REDIRECT [[page name]] . - Strabo412 (talk) 08:48, March 19, 2018 (UTC)
"The awl truth"
- Sure. Probably worthwhile doing the same with the "type" field as well. - Strabo412 (talk) 12:24, September 17, 2018 (UTC)
- Actually, maybe it isn't such a good idea; pages like Attorney's badge don't look great if those fields are expanded by default... - Strabo412 (talk) 12:34, September 17, 2018 (UTC)
Ace Attorney Investigations - French Fan Translation
I can back up the existence of a completed French fan translation for AAI, as well as an ongoing translation for AAI2 with ambitions to translate Dual Destinies and DGS. It's located at http://www.aai-fr.com/ if you want to check it out. While I personally never quite liked the French localization names in general, in context with the aforementioned localization I find that it's translated with the same professionalism as the AAI2 fan translation.
That being said, I still think that the matter should've been discussed before adding the names. If needed we can move the discussion to the AAI talk page.
Re:Russian fan translation
This is the screenchot for Russian fan translation
Also there is a link to Russian fan translation: https://gamecom.neocities.org/Ace_Attorney/Translations/DS_Sudebnyy_povorot_1/
Brazilian Portuguese fan translation
Quality for the image used for Sniper's profile
I noticed the image used for Sniper's page is very low quality. Is it possible to update or refine the image somehow? The page in question has the said image you use as well. Yamato98 (talk) 15:00, April 17, 2019 (UTC)
Question. Do you know how to set up multi image infoboxes?
- I'm afraid that I'm pretty useless when it comes to templates, sorry. Capefeather would be a better person to ask. - Strabo412 (talk) 10:41, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
To avoid edit warring, I'll answer your question here - In addition to the Supreme Court of the United States, each US state has its own Supreme Court, headed by the Chief Justice of that state. (See this Wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_California#List_of_chief_justices) It seems to me far more likely that the Chief Justice here would be that of the state of California, considering the local scope of events. 22.214.171.124 03:04, May 11, 2020 (UTC)
Professor Layton's height
I'm PHTL from the Layton wiki. A user from our community recently asked about Hershel Layton's height. When looking this up in our wiki, I found out that our source reference (or should I say evidence?) was incorrect, and someone else was later able to trace the information's origin back to this wiki. Since it was you who has added the height to the infobox (page linked above), I wanted to ask you whether it can be confirmed that the character is 1,76m/5'9" tall (top hat included), and, if it's true, where the information can be found (e.g. which book, page).
–PHTL 14:42, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
- That was a long time ago (over 10 years now), but I believe that it's just an estimation from Wright and Layton being roughly the same height in Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney? You can see on the talk page that Capefeather and briefly talk about it. - Strabo412 (talk) 12:54, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
- Ah, that clears it up a little! Someone has calculated that Layton, being one of the taller characters in the Layton series, would be 4'8" without the hat. So it seems like this can't really be seen as a canon fact (like many other things in the game).
- Thanks for your help! –PHTL 22:35, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
Lauren Paups voice actor
We are considering whether to move this to the Miles Edgeworth page , however until we make a decision they will remain on the individual character pages. We are also investigating whether the Tyranee dub is notable, but nothing will happen until both of these questions have been answered by multiple different people. 126.96.36.199 11:50, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
pat and rola edits.
if you go onto the website for great ace attorney, youll see janet hsu blog, and from there you get a image of pat and rola hugging(from a escapade) and it shows pats name as "roly" thats my soruce. it was confirmed— Preceding unsigned comment added by Jordan darris (talk). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Yes. I have seen the screenshot you are referring to. However, said image only shows a localised given name, not both of their full names. Those are not officially confirmed yet. - Strabo412 (talk) 00:13, 2 July 2021 (UTC)